The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, February 13, 2006

Substitute Blogging

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am covering GML’s class this week while she is in sunny Jamaica getting tan and drunk. At least I think she made it to Jamaica yesterday. I sent her a text message to find out if she had made it, but I bet she is lounging by the pool with margarita in hand (Bitch). I am so jealous. She soooo owes me big time. I should make her cover my 8:30 AM class, just so I can sleep in for once. At least the students are taking a test on the computer, so I get to blog and surf the web. Plus, I get paid for my time. Sweet.

I got antibiotics for the sinus infection. One pill a day is supposed to last for 10 days. It seems to be working. I am going to attempt to work out with LB today. I have not worked out since Wednesday, so I need to get my butt in gear.

Last night I graded essays from my Critical Thinking class. The students in this course are second and third semester students, so they have taken or are currently taking English Composition. But you would not know it by reading their work. I think I am going to compile a list of expressions, vocabulary and other outrageous stuff that I have found in my student’s papers for the semester.Here are a few examples:

Student #1 wrote:
“The person’s conduct was wreck less.”

Student #2 wrote:
"The police said she was the suppose it victim.”

Student #3 wrote this:
“I would not take nothing that wasn’t mines.”

I have to laugh in order to get through my disgust. It’s the only way to survive around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least each of those would make it through spell check. Reading more than a few of those would require a glass of wine to go with grading.

Anonymous said...

Maybe #3 was talking about eliminating land mines in countries where children still wander the fields, but not seeking compensation for bravery?

OK - stretch over...

Subscribe