The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Get In Gear

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Well, the trip is officially booked. So, I have more incentive to get off my ass and really kick start my fitness program. In the past, I have used vacations as incentive to get fit and lose weight. But somewhere along the way either stress, the RA or an acute case of ass-horizontalogy, keeps me from reaching my goal. Then when vacation time comes, I am pissed off because I can’t fit into my cute summer clothes or a decent swimsuit.

Since I started my latest fitness quest, I have been pretty good about keeping up with my workouts. Usually the winter is the hardest for me because of the RA. When I get a flare, I am often afraid to resume working out in any capacity. It’s a catch-22. It hurts to move. But my rheumatologist says that movement is the best thing. So, I keep reminding myself of that fact and when it hurts, I take it down to a light walk on the treadmill or do yoga. In fact, I was able to do a light workout on the treadmill with GML and LB on Wednesday, despite a minor flare earlier in the week.

Plus, I love my new IPOd. I put together a new workout playlist.

1. Possession, by Sarah McLachlin (My absolute favorite Sarah song!)
2. Only Happy When It Rains, by Garbage
3. Buddy Holly, by Weezer
4. Learn to Fly, by Foo Fighters
5. The Difference, by the Wallflowers
6. What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?, by REM
7. Are You Gonna Go My Way?, by Lenny Kravitz
8. It’s All Been Done, by Barenaked Ladies
9. Mysterious Ways, by U2
10. Broadway, by Goo Goo Dolls
11. At the Hundredth Meridian, by the Tragically Hip (Awesome Canadian band!)
12. One, by U2
13. Sunny Came Home, by Shawn Colvin

On that note, time to work out.

4 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

Keeping up with a light workout, if you can, sounds like a smart thing to go. I like your list of workout songs! I think you and I enjoy similar music. :) Great minds thinking alike and all that.

Anonymous said...

I really like this mix and really liked the other too.

BTW - did you hear about SC's breast cancer surgery? I'm keeping her in my thoughts - I was really shocked and sad by that

Seeking Solace said...

Ellen: Yes, I was totally shocked. She was scheduled to do a concert near Lake Effect Snow Central. Good thing I did not get tickets. I hope she is doing well.

B*: Yep…great minds do think alike. Were we separated at birth?

cdtrainer said...

try adding this to your workout playlist.
www.fitnesssongs.com

Subscribe