The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday Thoughts

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I have another cold. Why do people who are sick go to work and INSIST on infecting the rest of the population? Oh, well, at least I have the day off today. I taped ER last night, so I will have something to watch other than the garbage that is on daytime TV.

I saw my rheumatologist yesterday. She is happy that I have been in remission for most of the winter. I am too. The RA has not flared since November. I think my remission is partly because we are experiencing a mild winter in Lake Effect Snow Central. I also think it is because I am not under as much stress.

I watched the Grammys on Wednesday night and surfed to American Idol during the commercials. I thought it was ironic that while Kelly Clarkson was performing, Crazy Dave was doing a frightful rendition of “Bat Out of Hell”. Thank God, Crazy Dave was sent packing!

Other notes from the Grammys:

Why does Mariah Carey feel the need to show how huge the girls are? Now, I am not a Mariah hater, I loved her when she first came out. What an incredible voice. But, it seems that her voice has taken a back seat.

I absolutely loved U2 and Mary J. Blige singing “One”.

Kelly Clarkson is adorable. I did not watch the first American Idol, and I don’t really listen to pop music. But she has an incredible gift. She truly was grateful for her award.

Maybe I am not “with it”, but I can’t stand Kanye West.

Someone should have to Sly Stone that if you are going to make your first public appearance in 25 years, do something with your hair other than a blonde mohawk. The performance was awesome, though.

Herbie Hancock & Christina Aguilera…WOW!

Great to see Sir Paul! Too bad he did not win.


Ok, enough rambling. I should try to get some work done.

Subscribe