The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, January 13, 2006

Whew!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

The first week is over! What notable things occurred this week…..?

  1. Student 1 is taking my Survey of Law class for the THIRD TIME. Maybe he is trying for a hat trick. He does not complete the required work and has the never to ask me why he failed.

  2. GML is a tattoo magnet. Last semester, a student pulled down her blouse to show off her new tattoo and most of her boob. This time, a male student was jazzed to show her the name of his child on his jaw line. Disturbing….just disturbing. Don’t worry GML, your going to the spa in a week!

  3. The student in my Critical Thinking course who committed plagiarism demanded a meeting with me and the Dean of Instruction. She brought her friend who allegedly “helped” her with citation. She was crying because she failed the course and begged the DI and me to reconsider. Ten minutes after the meeting, I saw her laughing it up with her friends. I guess she was not THAT upset.

  4. This same girl is taking my Critical Thinking class again.

  5. We still have to take attendance in our classes. GRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

  6. Lady Hunter is pissed because she has all four sociology classes, now that I don’t teach the course anymore. She is also stuck with the students that failed my course last semester.

  7. I am teaching a new course. The college forgot one important aspect in setting up the course. They neglected to list the course outcomes. So, I had to create my own.

I am off to the spa today. Husband set it up for my birthday. I think I deserve it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a seething pit of envy over the spa day! But you DO deserve it and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What I have always been amazed at were those students who take the class again and again, but never seem to put any more effort into it than they did the first time. Then, they don't understand why they got the same grade as before!

Anonymous said...

re: Astroprof's comment

I've had students put in LESS effort - after all, they already took it...

I've also been lucky enough to have some repeaters that really hunker down and decided they wanted to ace the course, so they put the motor onto high and go into overachiever mode. I had one actually get the A and one miss it by just too much for me to "teacher's discretion bump" it up (he had a very high B going in but brain farted a little too much on the final and actually got an atypically low grade). So there is hope.

Subscribe