The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Dogs...You Gotta Love 'Em!

Posted by Seeking Solace |



Thanks B* for the Heart link.

The Boy is truly too smart for his own good. Last night while I was working on the filing in the office, Husband left to do the grocery shopping. It was about 6 PM and it was past the Boy’s dinnertime. So, I went downstairs to get him his dinner.

The Boy usually does this circling-happy dance at dinnertime. He runs down to the basement where this food is kept and watches with intensity as the food is scooped into the bowl, kind of like an inspector. He scurries up the stairs and waits at the spot where is food bowl is placed. He knows to wait until the dish is placed down and he is released to eat. Then, he gobbles his food like it’s his last meal on Earth.

But as I went through the process of feeding him, something was different. He did not have that spring in his step that he normally has. He was quire happy, but he had this look on his face like he had a secret. He did not gobble his food. Instead, he ate very slowly; occasionally look up at me, as I was puttering around in the kitchen.

When husband returned, I told him about the Boy’s dinning experience. He said that he fed him at 5:30! So the Boy conned his way into two dinners! For the rest of the night, the Boy slept in his dogbed, fat and happy, knowing he had conned his Mom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a cat that decided to feed himself in the middle of the night. I heard this "thunk", and as I was starting to get up to see what it was, there was this "crash". I went into the kitchen. The cat had pushed a can of catfood off of the counter, and then had managed to push the can opener off of the other counter on top of it. He knew that the two together produced catfood. Smart cat.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I like your heart. :)

A dog eating two dinners is like a hobbit eating two breakfasts. That is my wisdom for the day.

Anonymous said...

He must have thought he died and went to doggie heaven!

Subscribe