The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Good, The Bad and The Too Cute

Posted by Seeking Solace |

The Good: Thanksgiving Day

Good food and good wine. I cooked a lovely turkey breast brushed with olive oil and seasonings, smashed potatoes with garlic and chives, herb stuffing, corn, and cranberries. For dessert, sweet potato pie with whipped cream. And of course, lots of wine.

I had been feeling the effects of a cold coming on since Wednesday. But I felt fine on Thursday, so I guess my mind over matter mantra of “I am not getting sick” must have worked.

The Bad: Friday, The Day After

I spoke too soon.

I was SOOOOO sick. Intestines churned. Gears reversed. Temperature of 100 degrees. Slept on the couch all day.

Daytime TV totally sucks. Listened to Fox New Channel all day.

Husband had to work. Came home at 6 PM with the same symptoms. He told me that people at work have the same symptoms. Great. Now I know who to blame.

The Too Cute: Saturday

It snowed a foot in my neck of the woods overnight. It is so beautiful outside. It looks like an Ansel Adams photograph.

The Boy’s alter ego, Snow Dog, made an appearance. When I let him out this morning, he dive bombed into the snow and began to roll around. He was barking and chasing the snow flurries. I wish there was film in my camera.

I am feeling somewhat human. Hopefully things will get better.

0 comments:

Subscribe