The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Change of Plans

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It looks like the trip to Redneckville, USA is cancelled. We are expected between one and two FEET of snow. Plus, Husband informed me that he will have to work on Friday and Saturday, because there is a major glitch in Big Project. So we are having turkey and all the trimmings at home. I am looking forward to it. I love to cook and can make a great turkey.

So, no worries about the Boy. He will be enjoying the holiday at home. Thanks to all who posted their opinions. The majority of posts indicated that the Boy should go to the kennel. I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts. I have a better perspective about the issue. With all the chaos of the holidays, he is probably better off at the “doggie spa”. I also do not want to make anyone uncomfortable or resentful of me or the Boy.

I am going to relax over the next couple of days. I do have some papers to grade, but I think I hold off on that until Sunday. I refuse to go shopping on Black Friday. That is the one day of the year where I avoid the mall like the plague. The last place I want to be is in a crowded mall dealing with people fighting over parking spaces or the latest hot ticket item.

To all of you out there is blog-land, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving! And to my academic mates, get plenty of rest because all hell will break loose next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a nice holiday!
I'm leaving soon to go visit family.

Snow! We were 82 degrees here today! It is supposed to be raining when I am driving back. Well, rain is better than ice and snow for driving.

RussianViolets said...

I am so with you on the mall thing. Sick as it may sound, I'd rather grade papers than go to the mall on a day like today. :-)

Subscribe