The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Let the Insanity Begin!

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's midterm week. I am dreading the piles of midterm exams that I will have to read this weekend. Three out of four classes have take-home essay exams that are due this week. The students are extra needy this week. They are already begging for extra credit work. One girl, who has been absent six times since September without explanation, is pleading with me to give her extra credit work because I would not accept her late assignments. Am I supposed to reward her for lack of attendance? I think not. She claims that she missed all those classes because she can’t get up in time for my 8:30 AM class! Might I suggest an alarm clock?

On top of that, one of my student's showed up to class today with the flu! What the hell was she thinking???? I told her that she needs to go home and stop infecting the rest of the population. Damn, I am not scheduled to get a flu shot until next week. But as I write this, I feel the headache, scratchy throat and that general crappy feeling coming on.

So, I am accepting the fact that for the next few days, my life will suck. Time for a Nyquil shot

0 comments:

Subscribe