The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, November 17, 2006

What to Wear???

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I went shopping yesterday for an outfit for my 20th high school reunion which is next Saturday. The event is "casual". I was having the worst time trying to decipher what "casual" means anymore. One of my classmates told me she bought a cocktail dress. Crap.

I ended up at the Ann Taylor Loft. After about an hour of trying on stuff, I ended up buying two outfits. I honestly could not decide between the two.

Outfit #1




Outfit #2 (With a cream cami and without the belt).





Both are very cute. I like the idea of the little black dress. The sweater and pants could transfer into my work wardrobe.

Still have to find shoes, although GML suggested I wear my red slingbacks with the black dress.

The kicker was the bill. Let's just say I spent WAY too much.

ETA: Husband likes the little black dress for the reunion. But, he thinks I should keep both outfits. When I told him how much I spent, he replied "Well, you have worked so hard with your workouts, you really deserve it!!!" What a guy!!!!

13 comments:

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

I like both outfits! But for a reunion, I think the little black dress and red shoes is perfect.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the black dress too. Have fun at your reunion!

Btw, I cannot open my blog. It says We're sorry, but we were unable to complete your request.

Can you see my blog? Has this ever happened to you? If you could email what you see, I'd appreciate it.
smiling_sunflowergirl@yahoo dot com

thanks!
Joy

Anonymous said...

I agree with the husband: black for the reunion, but keep them both!

Michelle

Prisca said...

That man's a keeper! Of course you should keep them both. I totally agree that you should wear the black dress. Do you have to travel for the reunion?

Anonymous said...

i love both as well, glad you are keeping them, that sweater is super cute!

Anonymous said...

LOVE both outifts, definitely keep them both!

I wonder if the little black dress and red shoes are too formal for a "casual" event....though I guess if your classmate is wearing a cocktail dress, you could go either way.

Have fun!

comebacknikki said...

Definitely the black dress! Black dresses like that work for every occasion.

Mel said...

hope you have a good time at the reunion --

dingdans said...

I am searching for a blog post, which my http://www.aaacloseoutsnetwork.com/MixedApparel.html site is related to, and this one is good. It is well and good that we can share our simple thoughts and services to improve our markets... Nice Blog!

Anonymous said...

Yes, black dress! :)

Chaser said...

Black dress. Very cute.

Chaser said...

Black dress. Very cute.

Anonymous said...

I like both too--LOVE the black dress (as does everyone else)! Have a great time!

Subscribe