The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday Bullets of Crapola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • I just can't watch my boys in Black and Gold get their asses handed to them again. It is not worth losing my voice again. I do have the TV volume up so I can listen while I work. (ETA: They won! Woohoo! Maybe there is a glimmer of hope...)
  • I did get a great deal done this weekend. I got caught up on all the filing and shredding that has not been done since March. It took about two hours to organize and file all the bills and tax crap. The house is relatively clean. Laundry is almost done.
  • I finished my lecture notes for Employment Law for the entire week.
  • I am almost caught up on grading. My Employment Law class did a fabulous job on their midterm.
  • Local community college is hiring adjuncts and full time faculty for their Criminal Justice program. I am going to apply, but I am not sure if I should make the lateral move or jump in for a full time position. Either way, the money is WAY better than what I am getting now.
  • Tomorrow, I have to deal with the Fuckwit. Sigh. I wish I could kick him out of the class, but my college will not let me do that. The students have the power and they know it.
  • Two more weeks until the reunion and I still don't know what I am going to wear. I am getting my hair trimmed and the color done of Friday, so maybe I will do some shopping.
  • I hope I have not gained any significant weight as a result of the RA flare. I have not worked out in a week. Plus, I have been eating Cool Ranch Doritos like mad. (But they are sooooo good!)
  • I am racking my brain for a Christmas gift for my mom. What do you buy someone who is extremely cheap (if you bought the item at a place other than Big Lots or the Flea Market and it was more than a dollar, it's too expensive), does not like anything, will not use a gift certificate for any movie, restaurant or spa treatment and insists that you buy her nothing? And no Jelly of the Month club either!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

(on the last bullet)
How'd she react to a charitable donation in her name to a cause she'd support? That way she really can't refute the generosity...

Seeking Solace said...

I thought of that, but she is picky about that too.

Anonymous said...

What about making her something?

I gave my mom a throw blanket using material I bought at the fabric store and that, well, my aunt sewed around the edges with her fancy sewing machine. (I'd planned to hand sew them hmmnn)

What about making a decorative pillow?

Or how about baking something for her?

Seeking Solace said...

Sewing and knitting are not my forte. I am all thumbs.

Anonymous said...

Make his life miserable.

If you come up w/something for the mom thing, blog it. I have trouble buying for my mom, too.

Good luck re: the applying whether you go for lateral or FT.

Michelle

Prisca said...

You've got some real quandries here (although some a bit more pressing and life alterning than others). Good luck with the asshole. Get him!

I'm anxious to hear more about the CC job. Can you say more about the options?

Sending good vibes your way and hoping you are feeling much better.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Go for the full-time at the CC. Teaching one place is really nice -- and you get to have some actual say in what is going on. I didn't think there was much of a difference until I started doing it...

As for mom-- maybe one of those fleece blankets you cut the edges of into fringe and tie together. I'm all thumbs as well and could make those.....

Anonymous said...

The Mutts comic website sells "The Gift of Nothing," which is a cute, empty box. The proceeds go to charity, methinks.
I hope you land the CC job of your dreams--your current situation sounds miserable. You don't need miserable.

Subscribe