The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, November 20, 2006

Music Monday--Going Home

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Whenever I go home to visit my family, I get nostalgic for music that my parents used to play in the house. While my parents played all kinds of music, everything for pop to rock to country to gospel to even polkas (my mom is Polish), the music that always makes me think of home is the R&B/Soul sounds of the 1970's. I can still remember sitting around the console stereo as my father would sing to me. One of things I love about 70's R&B/Soul was that live orchestras were used in the background. The sound was so authentic. I think that is what is missing in today's music...uthenticity.

So, here is Monday's Playlist in honor of my going home this weekend

1. Sweet Love by the Commodores
2. I'll Be Around by the Spinners
3. Back Stabbers by the O’Jays
4. The Love I Lost by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes
5. Ain't No Stoppin’ Us Now by McFadden and Whitehead
6. Killing Me Softly by Roberta Flack
7. So Very Hard to Go by Tower of Power
8. Neither One of Us by Gladys Knight and the Pips
9. Always and Forever by Heatwave
10. Could It Be I’m Falling in Love? by the Spinners
11. Everybody Plays the Fool by the Main Ingredient
12. If You Don't Know Me by Now by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

These are great songs! When do you leave for your trip?

Seeking Solace said...

We are leaving on Friday. We like to have our little Turkey day dinner at home and then hit the road.

Anonymous said...

These songs take me back to my teens. Your dad has good taste!

Subscribe