The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sometimes All It Talkes is a New Bra

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Note: I wrote this post on the Active Academic. It got such a great response that I thought I would post it here too.

I am sure you have heard that 70% of women wear the wrong size bra. One's bra size fluctuates due to weight loss or gain, exercise, age, pregnancy, etc.

Since I have lost weight and lift weights, I figured it was time to see if I was one of the 70%. I went to my local JC Penny for a fitting. (They are running a Bra Fitting Event where professional fitters will assist you). When I got to the lingerie department, there were three other women there for the same thing. As we each took our turn with the fitter, we were astonished to learn that we were all wearing the wrong size.

The fitter took me into a dressing room and measured me around the top, middle of the breast and the band width. For the longest time, I thought I was a 38-40 D. Well, I am a 36C. Next, she told me what kind of bras to look for. Since I have small shoulders, I should look for straps that sit closer to the closure or try a racer back bra.

So, off I went to look at bras that I might like. Ladies, just because you get measured does not mean that you should not try a bra on. So, I tried on different brands and styles until I found a style and brand that suited me. I think I spent over an hour trying on bras. But in the end it was worth it.

The great thing is that now my clothing fits and looks better. The girls are upright and at attention. Plus, it really does make me look thinner. It really makes a different in the way I feel about myself. I want to stand up straighter and show off the new body that I am working on.

So, if you have not done so, I strongly suggest you get fitted. Plus, JC Penny is having a buy 2, get 1 free sale. Can't beat that!
(Edited to add: The buy two get one sale is over, but they do have 25% off all styles this week!)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of mine have tended towards one style in the past few years and I know I need to go do a measure/new style trying thing sometime soon too, just haven't pushed it ahead of the 2,000+ other things I'm procrastinating on.

But I agree that happy girls doth a happy woman make!

Subscribe