The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Thoughts

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Today is the first day of my summer break. I have a month off before the Fall semester. Yippie! Thanks to all of you for your messages of support!

After submitting grades yesterday, LB and I went to lunch at Applebee's. It was awesome to be done so early. In the past, the dean of instruction required us to stay on campus until our last scheduled class ended, even if we had submitted grades. Her reasoning was that faculty should be available if a student has a question. Huh? I figure when grades are submitted, that's all she wrote. But the wicked witch is dead (not physically, she got another gig.), and we have an interim dean who uses common sense.

BTW, I had apple sangria. Yummy!!!

Today, I am getting my hair straightened. My stylist is moving to Florida and today is his last day. I am hoping that he will suggest someone for me. I have seen my stylist for over 10 years. He is the only person who has mastered my naturally curly hair. Those of you curly hair girls know that that is no easy task.

After that, I am meeting GML for some shopping and early dinner. I have a $25 savings certificate for DSW...Sweet. And of course, more cool liquid beverages will be involved.

Husband found out on Wednesday the name of company that bought his division. It is a French-Canadian company, so no more French jokes! The new company indicated that they would like to keep as many people as possible, so that's a good sign. The new company wants to wrap up the transfer in four to six weeks. They indicated that they will let people know their employment status in about two weeks. So we are keeping our fingers crossed.

Ok, time to get moving. I want to clean up the house a little and maybe take the Boy out before my fun begins.

Have a great weekend everyone! And special anniversary wishes to Brazen and Publius

5 comments:

RageyOne said...

Apple sangria...sounds tasty!

Dr. Brazen Hussy said...

Aw, thank you! And have a fabulous time!

Anonymous said...

I am jealous! I have another week of summer school. Then, I get Saturday and Sunday off. Then, it's long, boring, stupid, idiotic meetings early Monday. And, then it is the fall semester.
:(

Alice said...

Have tons of fun! And good luck to your husband! :)

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I'm so glad you are done with grades and have a good month off!

I understand the curly hair challenge all too well -- I hope your stylist has a good recommendation. The other option is often asking someone with curly hair that looks good where they go. My favorite stylist lives in Red State -- so I'm happy to have more regular access!

Subscribe