The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Vox

Posted by Seeking Solace |

The boys from Dublin did not disappoint. What a phenomenal show! A great mix of old and new. Plus, many tributes to the late John Lennon. They did a great rendition of Instant Karma. Personal faves also included: Bullet in Blue Sky, One and 40.

Well worth the $100.00 per ticket price. Yeah, I know, it is kind of steep, but I am in this phase where there are certain artists or groups that I want to see before they die or give up touring. Unlike the Rolling Stones, who will tour until they are on life support. Or Mick stops having all these kids, thus paying an obscene amount of child support!

So that leads me to a great question for all of you. Is there any performer that you would pay any price to see? Here’s my list:

Sarah McLachlin (My absolute favorite)
Elton John (I guess he is doing a set of shows in Vegas next year, but I don’t see myself going to Vegas anytime soon.)
Paul McCartney
The Who (I know, there are only two member left, but if you have ever seen them live, you will understand.)
Joni Mitchell

What say you?

4 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Oh, that's a good one. I would LOVE to see them. But Sting will never go for it.

Nels P. Highberg said...

I would have said The Cure, then I saw them. I would have said Suzanne Vega, then I saw her. I missed Duran Duran last year, and Erasure didn't come to Hartford. And there's always Depeche Mode.

UltimateWriter said...

I would go with Robbie Williams and (don't hurt me) Tom Jones. C'mon it's high energy stuff!

Seeking Solace said...

Tom Jones??????

Subscribe