The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Time

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I need just a little more silence. I need just a little more time.
Time, by Sarah McLachlin.
Written by Sarah McLachlin. From the CD Afterglow, Arista (2003).

That seems to be echoing in the Blogger world lately. Everyone is drowning in a sea of papers, questions, emails and other monotonous administrative crap that is thrown in for shits and giggles.

I begin every semester with good intentions. I vow that I am not going to allow myself to get behind in grading or other projects. But honestly, who the hell am I kidding? No amount of careful planning can avoid the overwhelming feeling that seems to control at this time of the year. The usual solution is that I push myself to the point of insanity to finish something on time. It’s a guilt thing, I guess.

With two weeks left in the semester, I just don’t have it in me. What makes it worse is that it does not get any easier. We keep building up to this massive crescendo of final projects and exams that leads to the final grade. My college does not give the faculty a huge amount of time to submit final grades. They are due at the end of exam week. So, I try to have all of my assignments and projects due the week prior. Unfortunately, it is a colossal undertaking where I chug coffee, deprive myself sleep and become an evil bitch with a red pen. All because there just is not enough time.

I’d clone myself, but I would not have time for the surgery!

0 comments:

Subscribe