The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Last Dance

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It's hard to believe that 10 years ago, I started blogging in this space. It started with an idea from a good friend, who suggested that we needed a space to talk and vent about our struggles and frustrations of teaching at the college level. I decided to give it a try. And, the Waiting Room was born.Over the past 10 years, I left my career as a practicing lawyer and transitioned into the academic world. I taught or was an administrator at five colleges. I moved to another part of the country. I shared my ups and downs of living with rheumatoid arthritis and trying to stay fit. I made the decision to go back an earn my PhD.  I shared my stories of life with Husband, The Boy (RIP),  Junior, and the many students and people that have entered my life.

And, I cannot forget about the wonderful friendships that grew out of this space. I've gotten to know so many wonderful people, some of which I have met in real life. I truly cherish these friendships and I am glad that they can continue to grow. I am grateful for those folks, and everyone who has read this blog and commented.

But, it is time to let go of this space. It has helped me through so many things.  In some ways, I am still the same person I was 10 years ago. I am still a snarky, cynical, loving and compassionate person who is not afraid to speak her mind. I still fight my demons; there's always going to be a wolf lurking in the background. But, what I have learned, especially in the last two years, is that I can cope with my demons and still come out OK.  I am stronger, smarter and more perceptive of who I am and what I want out of my life. It's not always perfect, and that's OK.

I am on a new journey that is already taking me to places that I could have only imagined 10 years ago. So, while I say goodbye to this space, I have started a new blog called New Walls, New Ladders
It's a metaphor for the new challenges and changes that I am embracing.

I hope you will stop by.

Cheers,
Seeking Solace

3 comments:

JaneB said...

I'm SO GLAD that wasn't a 'goodbye blogging' post! Phew! definitely coming over to the new place...

chicago foodie girl said...

Can you believe it has already been 10 years?! So crazy! I'm so glad you're not completely leaving the blog world -- I'll definitely see you over in your new space. xo

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Subscribe