The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Missing Motivation

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Lost...one motivation. If found, please contact Seeking Solace.

I can't seem to find my motivation. It's not for lack of trying, either. I have tried my usual motivation tricks, like "OK, I am going to work on X task for 15 minutes" or "If I grade X number of papers, I can do Y fun thing."  Even breaking up my tasks into smaller goals isn't working.

Yeah..

Methinks I am in the Winter Blahs, which usually hits around February. It was particular bad when I lived in Lake Effect Snow Central because of the gray, cold and overall crappy winters. It's not so bad in Elsewhere; winters here are mild with minimal gray crappy days. However, this winter has been out of the ordinary with snow and cold. On the plus side, I have been able to get out and get some Vitamin D, fresh air and exercise. I also take Vitamin D daily.

I have an interesting research project that I am working on for my PhD class. It's different from what I have been working on, which is nice because I've wanted to expand my research interests. Also, I have team project with a great partner. So, I should be plowing ahead, right?

Nope.

I have several blog posts about some things that have been on my mind lately. I start writing, but end up in the lane headed towards writer's block. I can't seem to bust through it.

Sigh...

Don't get me started on my online class. For the most part, the students are good. I have a couple who are stellar. They have a great grasp of the material. Also, they have presented some great arguments in our discussion forums. I wish I had these students in an on-stie class, At the same time, having 33 students has been quite daunting, especially when some STILL do not have books. Trying to get everyone caught up this late in the game is frustrating.

I need to come up with something soon. I don't want to get any more behind that I am right now.

0 comments:

Subscribe