The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Morning Murmurs

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am cranks today.

  • I can't shake this cold. It's been a week and I still feel like crap.
  • No matter how hard I try, the pile of papers I have to grade doesn't get any smaller.
  • This is still making my life and everyone else at Elsewhere College stressed out. I am not teaching the course anymore, but it has put me way behind with grading.
  • I have absolutely no idea what to do with some of my students. You can't fix stupid.
  • People need to realize that I am no available 24/7. The last time I checked, I do not have "Open 24 Hours" written across my forehead.
  • How hard is it that when you state a premise, you have to back it up with something. And, you actually have to "CITE" the source from which you took the evidence?
  • My students seems to think that when the cite a case or statute, that I automatically know what the case is about and why it is relevant. Hello...do I look like Westlaw or Lexis to you?
  • Did I mention that I can't shake this cold?
Seven more days until the end of the term.  Ugh!

2 comments:

AliceAcademic said...

Hope you feel better soon. Thankfully there is only ONE Monday each week!

Seeking Solace said...

My MIL was a high school English teacher. She used to count the number of Mondays until the end of the school year. :)

Subscribe