The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Reality

Posted by Seeking Solace |

One of the Boy's buddies, Yogi, went to Rainbow Bridge today. For those of you not farmilar with Rainbow Bridge, you can read about it here.

Yogi was 16 years old, which is pretty good for a pup. He was just old and worn out. They think that perhaps Yogi may have had a tumor, like the Boy in that he displayed some of the same issues and behaviors.

Yogi and the Boy were quite a twosome. I liked to refer to them as the Old Men, even though both could run rings around some younger dogs. Whoever said you can't teach and old dog new tricks, didn't know Yogi. He was a smart pup, always up for an adventure. And, he and the Boy had their share.

Yogi's death does make me think more about the Boy's mortality. I wonder how much more time Husband and I will have with him. The Boy had a checkup with the neurologist who stated that he is amazed at the Boy's progress. He is about 90%, which is pretty good. His CBC shows that he is a little anemic, but, otherwise all is well.

But, in the back of my mind, I can't help but wonder for how long? I know I should not think about that and enjoy the time we have, for however long...

But, Yogi's passing just makes the Boy's situation even more real.

3 comments:

RA Guy said...

I'm sorry to hear about Yogi's passing, losing our furry ones is hard but we're always left with wonderful memories of them, and these memories will never go away.

Brigindo said...

I'm sorry to hear about Yogi but happy to hear the The Boy is doing so well. I've had a lot of these reminders lately. I find myself thinking about Pupzilla's mortality on a regular basis. I think it helps me appreciate my time with her.

deb aka murphthesurf said...

So so sorry for your the passing of your baby. Just know that they do get angel wings and that they watch over us from above. He is smiling down, knowing The Boy is doing better and enjoying watching the two of you together.

Subscribe