The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pre Holiday Murmurs

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • Thanks for all the well wishes here and on FB regarding my concussion. I am doing better with no ill effects.
  • The HMFIC is having lunch brought in for the faculty and staff today. We have 80 people at our site, so it's workable. Thanksgiving with all the trimmings. Nice.
  • I have one class today and they have an exam. It was either take it now or after the break.
  • Since my one class has an exam today, this will allow me to work on my conference proposal. The regional conference for my teaching field is in March.
  • I am looking for a new part-time instructor. We can't hire someone full time without their doing at least one term as an adjunct. I really hope whomever I choose works because I really need a full-time instructor!
  • I've been slacking on my study for the GRE. Guess what I will be doing during the break.
  • Don't worry, I have lots of relaxation planned.
  • You will not see me engaging the the Black Friday heinousness. After working retail in my younger days, I just can't do it.
  • Plus, there is nothing on this planet that I want/need that warrants my standing in line at 3 AM. Sleep in a warm, cozy bed is more important.
  • Husband and I will be spending our first Thanksgiving in the new house. YAY!!! I'll be cooking all the goodness.
  • Another tradition is that my best pal, GML and I will be texting during the National Dog Show. The Boy loves to watch with me.
  • My new sectional will arrive on Tuesday!!!!

Wow, that's a lot of murmurs!!!!!

3 comments:

Arbitrista said...

Still can't believe you got a concussion!

Happy turkey day.

Seeking Solace said...

Me either!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better and were able to do the turkey day fixin's in your new house! There's nothing quite like the first holidays in the new house. Oh man could I tell some stories about that! LOL Hope yours was better than a few of ours :-)

Subscribe