The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Seeker

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am determined to get back into some routine. The last two months have been rather chaotic with moving into the house, Husband and I getting the stomach virus from hell, insanity at both of our jobs and probably a few other things that I just can't think of right now.

Those of you who have been around know that I thrive on routine. I need that structure. I have yet to find a way to handle bumps in the road or extreme heinousness without losing my mind. Self talk, therapy, alcohol, anti-depressants, exercise, not giving a rat's ass or a combination of them all seem to lead me to me default setting.

I get all freaked out.

I suppose that is my mission in life...seeking solace.

So, what am I going to do differently this time? Who knows. I am sure the remedy is out there somewhere. Like the song says "I won't get what I'm after 'till the day I die."*

* Bonus points for the song title. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No words of wisdom from here cause I'm also a creature of habit and freak out when the routine is interrupted!! Just some empathy, a "hang in there" and hugs!

rented life said...

Hey now, don't dis alcohol! haha.

One of my job interview questions was asking about how I deal with stress. I didn't say "well, of course I blog about it!" I thought that was a different question to ask.

I know you can get back on your routine! We're all here for ya!

Seeking Solace said...

LOL! I can't dis' alcohol. I do miss it, though. :)

Subscribe