The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Random Bullets of Crapola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • We are back from the beach. We had a great time. Husband and I are well rested and very tan.
  • The Boy had a great time at the Doggie Hotel. His report card said "We 'heart' the Boy!!!"
  • We have Husband buddy and son visiting us today. Son is our godson, we have not seen him since he was 13. He is now 17 and a very nice young man.
  • Tomorrow, it's back to work. New term begins on Wednesday.
  • Already, I have crap that I must deal with tomorrow, starting with my two students who submitted the same paper last term. They are pointing the finger at the other as to who is to blame.
  • I have too many students on independent study this term. This was not my decision...it's leftover from when the B was in charge. Too many students taking courses out of sequence means that they have to be made up now so that they can stay on track for graduation. It just means more work for me.
  • At least I don't have any 8 AM classes or night classes. WOOT!
  • One of my adjuncts is now full time faculty. I am so excited for her. I really fought for her promotion. She has the potential to be a great law instructor. My students love the adjunct I hired last semester. I have such a great staff of instructors. I am taking them to lunch on Tuesday for a "Thank you and work" meeting.
  • I read The Help during my beach vacay. I really enjoyed it. I could see some issues with the portrayal of some of the characters and issues with Southern vernacular, but I still found it a good read.
  • We bought a new TV. I feel like we are caught up with the rest of the world now that we have a flat screen HD TV.
  • Well, I think it's time to head to the pool. It's still hot down here!!!!

3 comments:

rented life said...

omg, I just bought The Help this weekend!! too funny!!

Seeking Solace said...

Wow. That is too funny!! I've been dying to talk to someone who has read it, so let me know when you are done.

Anonymous said...

YAY for no 8 am or night classes!!

Subscribe