The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dissolution

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Yesterday was not a good day.

Today was even worse.

I wish I could blog about what has happened these past two days, but I have to classify it as unbloggable for now. Partly because of my paranoia of being outed, and partly because I am still trying to sort things out for myself.

What I can tell you is:

  • It involves a situation with two of my students.
  • I still have a job and support from those in power

Right now, I am very confused about things that I used to think made sense. I used to think that when you give a direction, there was a given result. One does not have to state the obvious. I probably should know better because we live in a world where people will eat a bag of peanuts, knowing there is peanuts, knowing they are allergic to peanuts, have a reaction and STILL sue the company.

After today, I am not sure what I believe in anymore. People tell me I shouldn't worry about it or not care. I keep telling myself that it's not me. but today I really began to question what I do and how I do it. I have all of these wonderful people backing me up and telling me great things, but I'm not sure if it is insecurity or dissolution or both.

I hope tomorrow is better.

4 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Something I've observed -- professors who establish standards and expect students to follow those standards get complaints. When students don't get resolution from the professor, they elevate the complaints and when they do so, they include anything THEY think is relevant to the situation.

I'm sorry to see your vacation relaxation burned away so quickly... take care.

Anonymous said...

It's good that you have support in this. Students will often escalate when they don't get the desired result of their complaints. I've been in situations when I was not supported in these types of issues and thankfully all my schools now are supportive. Hope you can get some good R&R!

MissDazey said...

I'm too am sorry your week has been so rough. Isn't it a shame we have to deal with the negatives instead of being able to encourage positives.

Angels on you!

RageyOne said...

Sorry to hear of your disillusion. Perhaps some time to think about the situation will provide some clarity.

Good to know that you still have the support of those in power though.

Subscribe