The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, May 06, 2010

The Amazon Meme

Posted by Seeking Solace |

As seen everywhere.

My first Amazon purchase was "Roses are Red" by James Patterson in 2000. I am quite the James Patterson fan, particularly of his Alex Cross character. For those of you unfamiliar, Alex Cross is a D.C. detective and forensic psychologist who profiles serial killers. You may have seen the films "Kiss the Girls" or "Along Came a Spider" which are Patterson books featuring Alex Cross.

One of the things that I love about Patterson is his ability to take you on a wild roller coaster ride where you think you have the story figured out, but noooo. Something comes along that you never saw coming. You can't stop reading until you figure it out. Lately, I think Patterson has been phoning his books in. They are not as strong as they used to be. He seems to publish five or six titles in a year. Granted, he has other character series, like Lindsey Boxer, but I find Patterson doesn't provide the same ride he once did.

Looking at my list, there are a lot of music and books. I see I would do a lot of pre-orders, which is kinda nice because I forget about the pre-order and then I get a nice surprise in the mail!

0 comments:

Subscribe