The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sunday Night Blues

Posted by Seeking Solace |

When I was a little girl, I used to love to watch the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights. I loved the cartoons and short movies they would show. But, I would always get sad when I would see the credits rolling at the end and Tinkerbell fly out and wave her magic wand. It wasn't just a sign that the show was over, but it also meant that it would soon be bedtime and I would have to go to school the next day.

Although the Wonderful World of Disney is long gone, I still get the blues on Sunday nights. Soon, it will be bedtime and I will have to get up and go to work.

5 comments:

rented life said...

When I was working I loved teh freedom of Sunday nights. Husband goes to bed by 7:30-8 on Sundays and I'm a night person so I just can't go to bed that early unless I'm sick. I get so much work done because I'm awake, it's quiet and there's no interruptions. I can never sleep Sunday nights because I was always thinking about the week ahead and all that needed to be done. After weeks of tossing and turning until 1-2am I just decided to channel that energy. Sundays were grading night, budget time etc.

However, I was always exhausted Monday morning.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I have a long Monday, so I feel your pain... I have a 2:15, 4:00 and a night class... so I've got student contact from 2:15-9:00 PM... it sounded good on paper.

Seeking Solace said...

I have a hard time shutting my brain off no matter what time it is. :)

I have a bedtime routine which helps, but if Husband and the Boy start their snoring....

rented life said...

Queen was snoring this afternoon on the couch. I thought I'd take a nap but I couldn't stop laughing at the weird noises coming out of her! Husband snores? Drives me nuts. Just not as cute I guess.

Helen said...

I get the Sunday night blues, too. Sundays are almost always spent with my family, and the prospect of a drive back into the city and a bright, early morning at the office always makes me feel a little sad.

I found your blog through Rheumatoid Arthritis Guy. I'm looking forward to reading more.

Subscribe