The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Out Of The Blue

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Wow. For the last few weeks, I couldn't get arrested in Yankee Transplant. Now things are starting to move. I just got off the phone with someone from a law firm in Yankee Transplant who wants to interview me for a position working on a long term project. I sent the resume, not really thinking anything would come of it. I don't have my license in the state, so I wasn't sure if they would talk to me. They wanted me to come in tomorrow, but I just don't think I can be prepared by then. So, I am going on Monday.

I am going to interview for this job. The academic position I interviewed for is not a done deal. I could lose out to someone else. There are no guarantees. Besides, if I accept the academic job and it turns out to be worse than anything I have ever done, it would be nice to have a contact somewhere.


I am not sure why all of this is happening all of the sudden. I am quite grateful of the opportunities I have received. It's really hard out there. I wish I knew what the magic word is to get people to look at your application or CV. Believe me, I would share it with so many people. I guess it just takes one person to see all the good things one has to offer.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Feast or famine, that's how it often goes. Best of luck with both!

Scrivener said...

It does always seem to come in bunches like that. Congratulations on getting so much interest, and I hope it all works out in the best possible way.

rented life said...

Jealous! :)

I love that line "I couldn't get arrested..." hehe.

Psych Post Doc said...

Options are always great, as are contacts! Congrats on getting noticed, I hope you end up with the perfect job for you no matter what that is.

Subscribe