The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, August 03, 2009

Thanks for Asking

Posted by Seeking Solace |

A few people have emailed or sent me messages on FB, asking how the RA is doing now that I am living in Yankee Transplant. Well, I have to say, I have not experienced a flare since June. I am not sure if it's the steroid dose pack I took, the change in weather or both.

Right now, the temps have hovered in the low 90's with the "real feel" in the upper 90's. It is a little muggy. The mugginess has not bothered me as much as I thought it would. I have not noticed any excess swelling in my fingers. I am curious though if any of the RA folks who read this blog experience problems when it is muggy.

My pain level is about a 2 on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being extremer "I can't even walk" pain. I am back to exercising, using the fitness center in our apartment complex. I missed working out. I know that it helps me keep the flares and the depression that comes with chonic illness in check. We also have a pool, which is nice way to loosen up the joints. And to stay cool, of course.

It will be interesting to see how things go once I am back working either full or part time. Stress is a major flare component. But for now, I think I can safely say I am back in remission.

Oh, and a huge thank you to all of your kind comments regarding my post about my brother. I am in a good place with the situation now. Blog friends are truly the best!

5 comments:

RageyOne said...

that is excellent! i hope it continues in this manner.

Seeking Solace said...

Me too. My last remission was four years.

rented life said...

I firmly believe, after all we've both been through, that we will both get jobs that only give us positive stress, and we will not have any more pain (RA for you, hip/knee/back for me) from our jobs. We've earned it!

comebacknikki said...

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well! :)

Breena Ronan said...

Beorn and I have been swimming lately. With his knee so messed up it's nice just for him to be able to move around in the pool a bit. It's not very humid here so I don't think I can report on the humidity factor for RA.

Subscribe