The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Invigorated

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Yesterday, I went to the gym for the first time in a month. Thanks to the steroid dose pack. I have little pain and lots of energy. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and five minute gentle walking cool down on the tredmill.

I felt great afterward. Physically, it felt great to move. It sounds counterproductive, but the best thing for me is to keep moving. Exercise can help keep the RA flares down or at least keep them short in duration. I really believe that the reason I sustained my last remission period of four years because of regular exercise. That is not to say that it's a cure, or that it's for everyone. But for me, as long as I am able, I will do what I can to stay active.

Emotionally, it was exactly what I needed. With the stress of the move and the steroid emotional roller coaster, I needed something to get the endorphins moving. Afterward, I felt invigorated. I even had a good night's sleep for the first time in a while.

I feel fantastic. I hope this feeling sticks around for a while. I can get used to it.

6 comments:

MissDazey said...

I am invigorated just reading about your gym session.

rented life said...

I want a "like" button on your blog posts :)

We got in a 35 minute walk ourselves!

Seeking Solace said...

MissDazey: I am happy to inspire!

Rented Life: It's so nice out, you can't help but go for a good walk.

Psycgirl said...

oooo a "like" button would be awesome!
I'm glad you are feeling more energized :)

RA Guy said...

glad to hear that you returned to the gym...let's tag team - today i missed a session. my knees and ankles just aren't cooperating...i may go back to yoga class in thursday, but i'll probably have to use a folding chair during the exercises...

Seeking Solace said...

RA Guy: Thanks for stopping by. There are many days when I have to modify my routine or take a day off. The good thing is that you are doing it!!

Subscribe