The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, May 11, 2009

Words Are All I Have

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am trying to find the right words for a follow up email to an employer asking that they meet with me. I can't seem to say what I want to say without sounding arrogant or desperate.

I given all the reasons why I would be a good fit. I've even mentioned how I love to teach, especially teaching law.

That just doesn't seem enough.

Somehow "PLEASE HIRE ME" just doesn't seem right.

I can't find the right words. But words are all I have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww yes! I know how it is when you are trying to write those letters! Hang in there. You probably have enough words, you just feel the need for the right words, the magic words that will unlock the employment door!

Go with your instincts. You'll do fine. :)

Joy

rented life said...

Husband and I have been doing the Jedi mind trick "You do not need to look at other applicants." but I don't think it'd actually work.

AliceAcademic said...

Good luck!

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

YEA!!! A nibble is a good start!

Subscribe