The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, May 09, 2009

New Deal

Posted by Seeking Solace |

We decided to take the second offer. We just signed the contract.

First, thanks to all of you who commented or emailed me. You guys are the best. Your advice was completely on target. Like the saying goes "It's not personal, it's strictly business."

I guess I am mostly mad at myself. As an attorney, I would have told my client to run away from such an offer. Being the seller, I guess I let my emotions get the best of me. Not a good thing. I guess being off from teaching and practicing law for the last five months has made me a little soft.

I am happy for the new buyer. She is a single mom who wants to get her daughter into the school district where we live. It's one of the best in the area. She was well prepared with her financing and there are no crazy concessions.

I can exhale now, and stopped beating myself up.

9 comments:

rented life said...

YEAH! and good for the mom, it is a good school district. Her kid will have some great opportunities!!

Seeking Solace said...

Plus, there are a few kids on our street who are the daughter's age. We close in July, so she will have some friends before school starts.

So, I guess we are celebrating tonight. I'll bring the carrot cake!

BrightStar (B*) said...

Congratulations!

There is nothing wrong with being a little soft from time to time, but as long as you take the big picture and remember that it all comes down to business, not personal. That doesn't mean that it's always emotionally easy to keep it at "just business," though.

Plus, it makes sense as to why you got excited about that first offer. After all, it was your first offer, and you were stressed about selling your house.

Ellen said...

Not only do you get to pack - you get that much closer to new state :) I am thrilled for you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Feeling guilty is just normal, letting go of it is too. :)

I am so happy for you!! Celebrate!!!

Joy

k8 said...

Congrats!

I just saw the other post, and I agree that you did the right thing. There are lots of houses out there and that first couple will find one that suits them. You need to do what's best for you.

RageyOne said...

congrats on the quick sale! it sounds like this one was ready and better suited.

Psych Post Doc said...

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. That sell time was amazing.

Mad Hatter said...

That's great...congrats! I can only hope my house sells as quickly when it comes time for us to move. :-)

Subscribe