The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Slow Ride, Take It Easy

Posted by Seeking Solace |

As I sit here confined to my bedroom while my carpets and upholstery are being cleaned, I realize that I have not done anything for myself is a while.

That is not a good thing.

I have been so consumed with getting the house ready for showings and sale. My days have been filled with packing boxes, clearing out clutter, cleaning, scrubbing, repairing and painting. And there has been the real estate agent search and interview process. Oh, and I am still trying to find a job teaching somewhere.

Gah.

I have been keeping up with my workouts. That is more for my health and sanity than anything else. But for the wrist problem, I would still continue to run like the Energizer Bunny. But now that I have this splint on my wrist. manual labor is out of the question.

I am going to plan a couple of 'me" days. Maybe not a full day, but a couple of half days. Tomorrow, I want to go shopping. I have not bought anything for myself since my birthday. I had to get rid of some of my summer stuff becuase they just don't fit...in a good way. Also, I want to take Geeka's advice about getting some summery nail polish. I am going to schedule a pedi for next week. OPI has some great colors out right now.

It's funny though, how we get so caught up in the crap. I have to remind myself that putting myself first is not only OK, it's necessary.

3 comments:

Psych Post Doc said...

I have to remind myself that putting myself first is not only OK, it's necessary.

AMEN!

rented life said...

There are some great summer colors out. I just have to decide which to get!! Let us know what your favs end up being!!

Joy said...

I know about getting caught up in things! I am in my 'new' job (relatively new even though I only have 2 months left on a 10 month schedule) and realized how short the remaining time is!

(I recruited volunteers at my elementary school- don't know if you remember that...)

One more week of tutoring,wow! I did not see that coming! And four more weeks of school And then, no more kids for me!! :( I finish the first part of July.

But what I feel is, in these moments of clarity, where we are not what we used to be but maybe not what we will be--- it's a special time of still experiencing the old and anticipating the new, before the old gets left behind and (mostly) forgotten.

Know what I mean? :)

(Oh dear! my word for verification is ackylock! Am I stuck??!)

Subscribe