The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I'll Tip My Hat To The New Constitution...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

The People have spoken. I am not surprised by Obama's win. Honestly, I think the Republicans got their clock cleaned.

I watched all the events until about 1 AM. I did think a lot about my dad. He died 20 years ago, also the last time a Black man made an attempt to run for President. I think he would be happy with this result.

I must say that although I had issues with Obama, and I still do, I do feel a sense of pride. As a biracial woman, it makes me happy to see acceptance. It is truly amazing that a country was able to come together and put race aside.

I hope that the right choice was made. As a moderate, independent, I have concerns that the country will be pushing too far in the opposite direction. That would be no better than the current chaos.

I guess my thoughts are summed up best by the Who:

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again


Won't Get Fooled Again by the Who

3 comments:

rented life said...

McCain gave a great speech and I'll assume Obama did too (I went to bed by 11:40) and I appreciated the emphasis on moving on and working together. That, despite my distaste for politics made me hopeful. Seeing all those people together or all the different races was refreshing too--no matter who you wanted to win.

Seeking Solace said...

I agree with you. McCain's concession speech was dignified and classy.

Obama gave a very good speech, full of hope and promise. It was great to see all the people there, different races, genders, all together.

I hopeful...guarded but hopeful.

Anonymous said...

If there is anything to remember about last night as it relates to the road ahead it is that we must work together. I do hope to see the momentum of participating in the political process continue in the years ahead. I think a true test will be how the country responds to its mandate now that President Bush has entered his "lame duck" period. Will we roll up our sleeves immediately?

Subscribe