The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, October 03, 2008

Axis of Crapola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Yesterday was a crappy day.

1. I have dealing with another RA flare. I could barely walk or type. My students were great about helping me get through class. This is the first flare since switching to the new drug last month and getting a steroid shot. I am getting a steroid dose pack today which I hope will help as I am still having pain and swelling in my hand, feet, elbows and knees.

2. Husband's company gave out pink slips to almost half of the company. Husband was spared, but it just makes relocating more necessary. He thinks his group is safe until next summer. But it is rather disconcerting. Some of his good friends lost their jobs. A few have kids in college. One guy just bought a house. Another case was a father and step-son getting the ax.

3. I got called for jury duty. That's just great. There is no longer an exemption for attorneys, so I am stuck. So, I am hoping I get kicked off. After all, the last person anyone wants on a jury is an attorney. We would so screw up the process! If that doesn't work, then I am hoping I know one or both attorneys on the case or someone at their firm. That would definitely get me kicked off. Also, if anyone asks if I have ever been involved with a criminal or civil case...well yeah...as the attorney!

I am so thankful it's the weekend and I can rest.

3 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I'm sorry to hear about your flare-up. It is nice to hear that your students are helpful, but I wish your medicine was working better.

Anonymous said...

Bummer! I was hoping you would be RA free for a while with your new meds. I hope you recover quickly. And these three are definitely the axis of crap. Hang in there.

Unknown said...

I wonder if the stress in your life is contributing to the flare-up? I have noticed that happening with me. Cathy

Subscribe