The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Judge Judy Said It Best

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I really enjoy my teaching schedule. Having Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays off is great. I am able to get some work done, except for when the Boy feels he is not getting enough attention. Often, I feel his snout nudging my arm, telling me I have not petted him or rubbed his belly enough. Sometimes it means that he wants to go out or wants a snack!

Today's plan was to finish making the test for my business law classes. I have two sections who have figured out that the other exists. Yesterday when I was explaining to the afternoon section what to expect on the test, a few students said "Yeah, yeah...we heard it from the morning class. We know how the test works." I did overhear a couple saying that they knew students in the morning class and those students promised to give them the skinny on the exam.

So today, despite a runny nose and that raw, blechy feeling in the back of my throat, I made two completely different exams. There are some topics on the morning exam that are not on the afternoon exam and vice verse.

Like Judge Judy says, on their best day, I am still smarter than them on my worst day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you've had your blog in this design for a bit, but I really like it. :)

Yes! Two exams makes sense to me. Good lesson for you to learn- for the future students who think they are ahead of the game with a shortcut like this!

Joy

Anonymous said...

I know you've had your blog in this design for a bit, but I really like it. :)

Yes! Two exams makes sense to me. Good lesson for you to learn- for the future students who think they are ahead of the game with a shortcut like this!

Joy

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I do the two exams thing with my logic class all the time.. it takes more time to develop, but it pays off when you catch the cheaters!

I'm also happy to see that you are also a Judge Judy fan -- she's fun to watch and if I'm feeling like kind of a loser, the people on her show make me look great by comparison.

Psych Post Doc said...

Idiots. I bet they'll be really pissed when they realize the test is different.

Weezy said...

sorry to hear about the scratchy throat...girl, I feel for you. That started last Thursday for me. Today is the first day I'm feeling better. Start the vitamin C stat! (I watched ER today..can you tell?)

Seeking Solace said...

Joy: Thanks, I like it too. G

Psych Post Doc: I can't wait to hear them bitch!

ITPF: Judge Judy cracks me up. I like Judge Joe Brown too. I love it when he declares someone "pitiful" or lacking man training!

I also use DMW style testing. I will scramble the questions so that every other person has a different test!

Weezy: I have been popping the vitamin C like mad and now I am peeing constantly. I guess this bug has gotta come out somehow!

Subscribe