The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Day After

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I slept like a rock last night. I was pretty exhausted by the time I got home and devoured my black bean tacos. (Yummy!). Even the rejection letter from one of the schools I applied didn't phase me. There were 80 potential candidates for one position, so I guess it was pretty tough process.

I am feeling better about yesterday. I should not get so worked up about shit I can't control. No one is going to listen anyway, at least at my college. I should know after teaching at my college now for a year that you can't change stupid or incompetent. I am just going to let it ride and just teach my classes, listen to music with my headphones while working, and vent my frustrations on the tredmill.

I really think two of my classes have great potential and seem rather eager. My morning law class hasn't shown me anything yet. Tomorrow will be the true test as all of my classes will have their first lecture.

I did request a room change for the morning class, but the powers that be will not have a response for a few days. It's a good thing the law class requires one to take good notes. They may not have enough time to surf the web. Besides, I will take great pleasure in embarrassing anyone who does!

I did find a potential position at Dream University. Dream University is in a place that Husband and I have visited before and have dreamed of living. The position is one that ties in my teaching experience in bouncing around from department to department. I am going to work on the cover letter today.

So today will be a nice work at home day. It's supposed to be crazy hot toady, so I am glad I will be in the AC.

So, how was your first day?

6 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Geeka: That is a great idea. Thanks!!!

k8 said...

I've been known to embarrass students for using computers for purposes other than class. The computer lab I once taught in had software that allowed me to see what was on each computer screen in the room (I could also freeze them, control them, etc.). Normally, once I projected one person's email/game/etc onto the screen, they all fell into line.

Good times!

Seeking Solace said...

K8: HA-HA!!! I bet no one ever surfed the web in your class again!

k8 said...

Nope! I'm usually nice about it and we all laugh. Typically, I'll project up a game someone is playing or something like espn.com. I've never projected anyone's email or personal material up on the screen, but they know I can do it. That tends to stop them.

k8 said...

That should say - I haven't projected personal-type message emails. Silly stuff - sure!

Albatross said...

Sounds lke you have a great attitude about doing your stuff and letting the rest go! I've recently realized just how much running really helps keep me balanced and focused when things get frustrating/stressed at work.

Good luck with the letter for Dream University!

Subscribe