The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, June 28, 2008

No Power

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Last night, there was a power outage in my neighborhood. Being that power outages, winter storms etc often occur in Lake Effect Snow Central, Husband and I keep a stash of candles, flashlights and a crank-operated radio. While Husband called the Electric Company to report the outage and find out how long we would be in the dark, I cranked up the radio and searched the dial for any news on what was going on.

Nothing. No one was saying anything.

J came over and said that she checked on her on-line cell network (Mine kept kicking me out) and she found a report that an underground transformer had blown up a few miles down the road. This occurred in an area that is not exaclty a "safe" neighborhood.

The power was restored after about an hour. Still, there were no news reports on TV or on-line, except to say that there was an underground transformer that exploded.

Sorry, I don't buy it. Given the area, I am thinking meth lab!

2 comments:

DancingFish said...

We had a strange power outage on Friday. Meth lab sounds about right for our neighborhood as well- I hadn't thought of that possibility!

Psych Post Doc said...

Yikes, glad it wasn't closer and that your power was only out for an hour.

Subscribe