The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Drugs

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I think the steroids are finally kicking in. Today is the first day that I don't have significant pain and swelling. It's about time. I was getting rather bored. Imagine not being able to hold a book or surf the 'net.

I decided to cancel my trip to the Critical Thinking conference. I figured that the money could be better spent on a re-con mission to a new home for my family. Also, I chose to attend this conference as a means to make a positive impact on the CT program at my college. Seeing as my future is uncertain, I do feel then need to make nice or do anything other than what I am supposed to do to maintain my job. Why should I? Will it make a difference?

In the meantime, I am looking and applying. I have already applied to a few places, a couple look promising. One department head sent me an email where he signed it "Your friend, Bob." I do hope bob is my friend and will give me an interview!

6 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Cancelling the trip sounds like a good decision ---although, I was looking forward to your assessment of it... I get the brochure for it every year, but it hasn't been a good year to go yet... sigh.

What sort of climate is better for you?? Warm and wet or warm and dry?

Kayni said...

I wish you well on the job search. How are you? I have not been blogging for a while, but since I've missed it, I've started a new one.

Take care. Feel better.

Seeking Solace said...

ITPHF: Warm definitely. Although warm and dry would be ideal, We would like to stay on the right coast.

Kayni: So glad to hear from you!!!

rented life said...

Will you get your $ back? Good luck on the job hunt. I'll be doing that soon. Remember, you gotta move somewhere the GML and I can visit :)

Seeking Solace said...

Renter Life: I got a refund of for the conference and a credit toward a ticket on JetBlue, which may come in handy.

Of course will find a place where you and GML can visit. And if GML is reading this...yes, I will try and get a pool!

DancingFish said...

I'm still catching up from being away. So sorry to hear of your health troubles and all the crap associated with them and the college.
Hoping you continue to feel better!

Subscribe