The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Garden Goodness

Posted by Seeking Solace |

These are radishes from my garden. I thought they looked cool next to the wine bottle.

I saw Sex in the City. First, let me say that I have never watched the show. (I am too cheap to get HBO.) But who isn't familiar with the characters, fashion and story-lines?

That being said, I laughed my ass off. However, I think they could have cut about 45 minutes. I mean the movie was 2.5 hours. I will not give away anything, but I did get a kick out of what I like to call the "ass explosion."

Husband is still sick. He will cough and sneeze at the same time which is rather painful. He is not going to run in the Corporate Challenge this week, which is a bummer because he has been training for it since January. At least there are other races coming up. It's just that the Challenge is the big one.

I did some research on the Boy and his eating poop. It is not his diet. He eats an all natural, high quality dog food which proper nutrition levels for his size and breed. The only other explanation is behavior. It turns out that some dogs eat poop because of stress or seeing another dog eat it.

This leads me to believe that the Boy is out of sorts with all the construction. He is unable to access his downstairs bed or his favorite napping spot because all the living room furniture is in the way. Also, he cannot move about the house with the workers doing their thing. Plus, one of the guys is afraid of dogs, so I have to keep the Boy on his leash when I go upstairs or downstairs.

With construction nearly complete, I moved some items back into the living room, fluffed up his bed and showed him that he had not lost his spot. He has not left his bed since 6 PM. As far as seeing another dog eat poop, the Girl has been chowing down on poop in her yard, so maybe the Boy thought that since the Girl was enjoying it... Well, that shit is gonna stop. (Pun intended!)

That's my weekend. Hope yours was well.

6 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

The radishes look really great!

Anonymous said...

yes they do! :)

lol "..shit's gotta stop!"

Poor Husband. We all hope he feels better. :(

Karen said...

Your radishes look yummy!

A construction worker afraid of dogs! Who would have thought!

DancingFish said...

I laughed so hard at that part!


My best wishes to your husband and the boy. Ours has never eaten his own poop (as far as we know) but is going to be really stressed out when V goes to a conference next month. I will have to keep an eye on him.

Anonymous said...

Hi, dropping by (via the library) to say I haven't gone completely AOL. hehehe I finally wrote another post about CA (!) and trying to catch up with my blogs!! :)

I want to see Sex in the City but hesitate to spend money on it right now. So, I will either wait until it's in the video stores or wait and see if it EVER comes to the budget theatres.

Btw, I've seen the show, episodes all out of order on the CW channel (I don't know what CW stands for...or maybe it was FOX. I don't know!). They are very funny. Did you know you can rent them from the library?

I am so wondering what the heck happened to the story line that Carrie moved to Paris with a famous artist. AND whether she married BIG...last I saw Carrie was counting BIG's heart out, as in not open. Hmmmm maybe I should run to the library and watch them all! HA

Anyway, I think I am trying to write the longest comment ever! Aw, well, that's the way the cookie crumbles...

Hope your husband is feeling better!

Katherine said...

Very nice looking radishes.

Our neighbor's dog eats poop and none of the solutions they've read about and tried have been very helpful. He's been doing it since they adopted him almost a year ago. They've said the best thing they've found is to make sure to clean up right after he does his thing.

Thankfully, their other dog hasn't picked up the habit.

Bummer

Subscribe