The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Top 25

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks to Anastasia. Here's are pretty tough. I think some of mine are pretty easy.

ETA: The ones in bold are the those that no one could guess or guess correctly.

Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING.

1. Hey your glass is empty. (Good Enough by Sarah McLachlan)
2. Why should I care? (5:15 by the Who)
3. I called you so many times today and I guess it’s all true what your girlfriends say. (Can't Stand Losing You by the Police)
4. It’s this the real life? (Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen)
5. Somewhere out in the back of your mind. (Rooms on Fire by Stevie Nicks)
6. I can’t believe the news today. (Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2)
7. You’re cynical and beautiful, you always make a scene. (Dizzy by Goo Goo Dolls)
8. Let me run with you tonight and I’ll take you on a moonlight ride. (You Don't Know How It Feels by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
9. Oh make me over. (Celebrity Skin by Hole)
10. Neon shines through smokey eyes tonight. (Grace is Gone by Dave Matthews Band)
11. Ladies think I’m tasty, (Tumbling Dice by the Rolling Stones)
12. I’ve been holding out so long. (Miss You by the Rolling Stones)
13. This is our fork in the road (I'll Be Around by the Spinners)
14. I woke up and called this morning, the tone of your voice was a warning. (My Favorite Mistake by Sheryl Crow)
15. Caroline laughs and it’s raining all day. (Pretty in Pink by the Psychedelic Furs)
16. Broken heart again, another lesson learned. (No More Drama by Mary J. Blige)
17. Psychic spies from China try to steal your mind's elation. (Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers)
18. Here now, don't make a sound. (Long Road to Ruin by Foo Fighters)
19. Everyone from here comes from somewhere (Supernatural Superstitious by REM)
20. I was tryin' to find my way home but all I heard was a drone. (Radio Nowhere by Bruce Springsteen)
21. Stop, drop and roll and I will tell you where I'm coming from. (Wind it Up by Barenaked Ladies)
22. City girls seem to find out early how to open doors with a smile. (Lyin' Eyes by the Eagles)
23. Whiskey, gin and brandy with a glass that’s pretty handy. (Have a Drink on Me by ACDC)
24. Come in here dear boy, have a cigar. (Have a Cigar by Pink Floyd)
25. Listen as the wind blows from across the great divide. (Possession by Sarah McLachlan)

11 comments:

Karen said...

#17 is Red Hot Chilli Peppers Californication!!!!

Anonymous said...

we have such similar tastes. I won't do all of the ones I could. :)

9. hole - celebrity skin
22. eagles lying eyes
25. sarah - possession

I redid mine because they were too freaking hard. mulligan!

EcoGeoFemme said...

4. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
14. My Favorite Mistake by Sheryl Crow

Seeking Solace said...

All correct!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...is #2 "5:15" by the Who?
Oooh, and 8 is Tom Petty, uh, "You don't know how it feels"?

Anonymous said...

24) Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd

Addy N. said...

I cannot think of the title, but #1 is Sarah McClachlan "hey your glass is empty, it's a hell of a long way home. Why don't you let me take you, it's no good to go alone..."

Seeking Solace said...

Luckybuzz Yep. All correct!

Lina: Right band, wrong song.

Addy N. Right singer but which one????

Anonymous said...

24 is actually called "Have a cigar," isn't it? (Pink Floyd, of course!)

Seeking Solace said...

Yep!

DancingFish said...

The only one I knew was the one by Hole...

Subscribe