The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

'Cause I'm Cool Like That

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thanks everyone for telling me what I know deep down. The person who made that comment does have deep issues. She spends a lot of time bitching about her life and how difficult it is. She is just one really unhappy person.

And, I am cool with my JD status. My background is very rich. I can teach in many different areas and have a great wealth of knowledge. That can be a huge benefit for some institutions.

Also, I was looking at jobs on line and there are a couple of portions out there at the undergraduate level that specifically request that the person have a JD. (Hey Astroprof. What do you know about San Angelo?)

And most importantly, I looked at the cost of pursuing a PhD. If I were to go through an on line university, we're talking $40,000.00. If I were to attend Big Ass University in Lake Effect Snow Central, it would cost about $35,000.00.

I don't need to be a mathematician to figure that one out. I mean if I had $40K drop out of the sky and could use it for whatever I wanted, somehow getting a PhD would not be on the list.

I think I am just going to focus on making the best impression and impact I can at College. Perhaps persistence will pay off.

But for now, it's cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I'll catch you by email and see what you need to know. San Angelo isn't exactly the middle of nowhere, but you can see the middle of nowhere from a second story window there. But, they have really good TexMex food!

Anonymous said...

i am late to the game here, but just read about what happened with that other person's comment and yah, they suck.

Subscribe