The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snow Day

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I woke up this morning only to find that the power was out. My watch said 7 AM. How am I supposed to get ready to teach an 8 AM class in the dark??? Plus, there is some serious weather related heinousness going on in Lake Effect Snow Central.

"That's just great." I thought to myself. "Oh how I wish.."

"No..it couldn't happen"

I have a battery operated radio that I keep in the home office. I turn on the local news-talk station and listen to the cancellation list.

I waited in sheer anticipation. "Oh please...just this once."

Then it happened.

Seeking Solace's College is closed!

YIPPIE!!!!!!!

Oh, and the power came back on at 9 AM. Bonus!!!!

12 comments:

Karen said...

oh hurrah! Happy Snow Day to you and The Boy!

k8 said...

Awesome! We had a wind chill of -30 today and classes were not canceled! So glad my only reason for going in - a meeting - was canceled.

I think it's cruel to expect students to walk to classes when being outside for ten minutes can cause frostbite.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

YEA!!! College snow days are so rare -- I hope it was good!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Have a fun day! :)

Wayfarer Scientista said...

Happy Snow Day!!! Enjoy the luxury of it!

Abbey said...

Yay for you! Snow days must be way more fun than hurricane days.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! It is always great to have a free day! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Darn typos! Oppps! You knew that was me anyway. lol :)

Joy

Prisca said...

Now THAT is a good day! Keep warm and dry and safe. I wonder if there's a chance of closure tomorrow, too. Sounds messy there.

Alice said...

Hope you had a fun day!

BrightStar (B*) said...

woo hoo!! Snow Day!

Seeking Solace said...

It was a great day. Husband worked from home too. The Boy loved having Mommy and Daddy home with him.

Subscribe