The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, October 04, 2007

This Bites

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Why is it that no matter how often you warn your students that they must study for an open book and/or open notes exam because often it is much harder than a regular exam, they still think you are blowing smoke?

My business law class bombed their first exam. I think about 70% of the class got a C or a D. I was happy to see that two students each got a A and I think three got a B. But, I know these students take the courses seriously as evidenced by their participation in class and their recent homework.

But the others? I just don't know. I just hope they learned their lesson and take better notes in class.

But here is the sad/funny part. Two students actually chose the response which stated that being employed is a fundamental right and actionable under the 14th Amendment.

Really? If that is the case, then I have a few lawsuits I could file. I bet you do too.

Seriously, if only one student chose that response, I could chalk it up to maybe the student picked it by accident. But two students choosing the same response?

Damn.

I throw in red herrings like that just to see if someone will bite. I guess they did.

2 comments:

Arbitrista said...

Wow. That's just amazing. They really said that?

Seeking Solace said...

Yes. I was totally in shock!

Subscribe