The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, October 13, 2007

How Not to Spend a Firday

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Thursday night, I felt the familiar twinge of pain in my head. I popped an Imitrex and went to bed.

The next morning the pain was much, much worse. After two more rounds of Imitrex, my doctor suggested I go to the ER.

Six hours, one CT Scan and a round of IV drugs later, I am back to normal.

Poor Husband should be sainted and given combat pay for dealing with my numerous medical issues. He is such a trooper.

Also my students were probably happy that class was canceled.

And if I run into the secretary who is somewhat nasty to me when I call, I'll just flash her my discharge papers.

10 comments:

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

Sadly, the only time people like that actually understand is when they have that kind of pain themselves. I used to have to call in on occasion with a bad back. Until my freak of a boss put her back out, she didn't understand that I couldn't sit and take phone calls about hair appointments if I couldn't even sit long enough to drive to WORK.

BrightStar (B*) said...

oh no! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm glad you have someone who can help take care of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear! That sounds really awful- I'm glad you are OK now. I hope you are relaxing this weekend and taking it easy. Take care!

Prisca said...

Crap! That's HORRIBLE. I can't even imagine. I'm so glad to know you are now resting comfortably. Do you know what might have triggered it or is that a stupid question? I'm thinking of you and your sweet spouse!

Seeking Solace said...

Thanks everyone!

I think it was a combination of too much caffine, being stressed and that time of the month. Totally sucks.

Karen said...

Ick! I hope you are feeling better! Hope you are taking it easy the rest of the weekend.

Anonymous said...

oh dear, i am so sorry and glad you are better. hope your weekend is much better than friday!

Anonymous said...

Sounds horrible. Glad you're home and feeling better.

Mad Hatter said...

Sorry to hear that! Hope you're feeling better now. BTW, I think we've just discovered this afternoon that not all 5-0 teams are created equal...sigh.

comebacknikki said...

Oh, that sucks! :(
I hope you're feeling a little better now!

Subscribe