The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Fall Has Broken...I Hope

Posted by Seeking Solace |

After some record breaking heat the last few days, I think we are starting to turn the corner toward fall in my neck of the woods. Rain has cooled thing down a little and it appears that the temperatures will be more seasonable.

Fall is my favorite season in Lake Effect Snow Central. Everything is so rich, crisp and full of color. On a sunny day, the sky is such a rich blue, like the color of a mountain lake. Sunsets hold a rich rainbow of red, orange, blue and purple that you wonder if there is a pot of gold at the end. And, of course, the leaves turn such brilliant hues of yellow, orange and red.

The air is so crisp, that there is a gentle bite to it. Not a painful chill, like you feel in the winter, but a little nip that is more comforting than a nuisance.

I love the feeling of fall. The rich food, cozy sweaters, and all those things associated with the harvest. Unlike the bitterness of winter or the extremes of summer, It's comforting and warm. It welcomes you.

The warm September weather coupled with the lack of rain has interfered with this sensory dance. Everything looks as if summer just does not want to go gently into that good night.

Those of you who know me, know that last fall was cut a little short in my little corner of the world. I am hopeful that fall will make it's presence known, at least for a little while.

Because, it has been known to snow on Halloween 'round here. Once that happens, it's all downhill.

4 comments:

Prisca said...

Soooooo jealous. It's never fall here. :(

dr four eyes said...

Please, could you please send fall my way!?! I am so over summer.

Anonymous said...

ooh, fall. i love fall. mostly because of my daily anticipation of my favorite weather ever, snow!!! i miss snow and fall, and oh... seasons. happy fall!

E said...

Fall was cut short last year...lol. I grew up in Lake Effect Central, and my parents are still cleaning up from last fall. I've been waiting all year for some gorgeous fall weather and now I'm feeling cheated b/c of the summer temps...sure the trees are turning, but I want to whole fall expereince: frost in the morning, crisp evenings. Bring on Fall!!

Subscribe