The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, October 08, 2007

Burning

Posted by Seeking Solace |

I am incensed at Ann Taylor right now.

I have their store card. I don't use it that often, maybe once a year. I usually pay cash for my purchases. I only have it to get additional coupons.

Well, I knew that I had a balance, and i thought it was strange that I had not received a bill. I am a stickler for paying bills on the 1st and 15th of the month, always paying my accounts off in full.

Well, I got the nastiest phone call. It seems that my account was past due. When I explained that I had not received any billing statement in the mail, the person on the phone stated that I was enrolled in email billing.

What? I don't' recall giving permission for that?

It seems that Ann Taylor does not send paper billing notices unless you request it. So, I checked my email to see if I received anything. Nothing in the last two months. I was then told that if you have a spam blocker on your email, the message gets kicked back. So, you could be in default and never know it.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Then, the person had the audacity to suggest that for a fee of $7.00, I could pay the bill over the phone.

Do the words "FUCK NO" mean anything? I told him that I would pay the bill at the store this morning.

Then, the person wanted my employment information.

He was soooo not getting that.

Then he started bitching about the bill again.

Do these people KNOW how much money I spend there? Don't they see that I have stellar credit?

So, I will go to the store, write out a check and pay the balance in full.

Then I will cancel my account.

And if you have a card, I suggest you do the same.

4 comments:

Weezy said...

Ann Taylor pisses me off too. She thinks my ass is to big :)

Anonymous said...

eew, that sounds horrible.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That would be plenty of reason for me to cancel my account, AND write a letter to the corporate office explaining just why I was doing that and what I thought of their policy. That is SO wrong.

To do email billing without asking, and even without sending an email to confirm the email address is just plain lazy and stupid.

rented life said...

hmm. I got one bill. But I haven't gotten another one yet. Perhaps I will place a preemptive call.

The same thing happened with my JC Penney's card. I bitched them out big time over the phone and got the whole thing waived but still. I'll never open a card there again and every time a cashier asks I tell them exactly why

Subscribe