The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, September 03, 2007

The Night Before

Posted by Seeking Solace |

When I was little, I always had trouble falling asleep the night before the first day of school. I would lie awake, thinking about what would happen the next day. I guess you could call it a cross between excitement and fear. A new year. Different teachers. New expectations.

Tomorrow is my first day back to the classroom after my job hiatus. It's been eight months since I have stood in front of a group of college students and tried to look like I knew what I was doing.

Different college. Different students. New expectations.

Am I excited?

Yep.

Nervous?

Yep.

Will I sleep tonight?

Probably not.

9 comments:

post-doc said...

Good luck! I know the feeling of nervous anticipation and hope you have an absolutely wonderful first day.

BrightStar (B*) said...

best wishes! let us know how it goes!

Seeking Solace said...

Of course, I will give you all the blow-by-blow madness!

Prisca said...

You'll be amazing. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

lots of luck and i know you will be fabulous!

Anonymous said...

All the best! You'll be grand!

comebacknikki said...

Happy first day! :)

Abbey said...

Hope you have a fantastic first-day back!

gwoertendyke said...

you put it perfectly: trying to look like we know what we're doing.

perform!! you'll be great/or were already great.

Subscribe