The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back to Life. Back to Reality

Posted by Seeking Solace |

Husband and I returned from our trip to Cape May late Friday night. We got up early Saturday so that we could pick up the Boy. I could hear him howling as the kennel attendant was bringing him to the reception area. I swear he was saying "Where have you been!" Big sloppy kisses and hugs followed.

We had a great time on our trip (Shout to Weezy: Damn, I should have checked my blog while I was gone. We could have met up!) My best friend, Piglet, and I had an absolute blast, shopping, gabbing and basic girl stuff. Our husbands are friends, so that makes it even more fun. Husband's brother and his wife stayed in the same hotel as us too. Lots of good food, good wine, sun and sand!

But, Jesus, it was so FREAKIN' hot. Wednesday, it was 104 degrees with a heat index of 115! To make matters worse, the AC broke down in our room, which was on the top floor of our hotel. I ended up with a serious case of heat exhaustion. Thankfully, the hotel was able to install a window AC. They also gave us a discount on our room rate and a gift card for the hotel restaurant. We ended up using the gift card at the bar! (After I recovered from the heat exhaustion, of course!)

Now, it's back to reality. I have a new faculty in service meeting on Thursday. There is a regular faculty in service on Wednesday. I have not started getting my stuff in order yet. I guess I need to get my shit together!

I have 285 Blog-lines posts to read. I guess you were able to keep yourselves entertained in my absence.

But it's such a beautiful day...

...And I have a ton of tomatoes to pick!

7 comments:

rented life said...

Welcome back! I'll take some tomatoes! Husband wants to get together. Actually, part at my house, this coming Saturday, will e-mail you with more info.

BrightStar (B*) said...

I'm glad you had fun! Sorry about the AC, though... that would have totally pissed me off.

Anonymous said...

Yay - am glad about the relaxing break AND the new gig (where they seem to really appreciate the concept of EDUCATING students).

Have fun kicking some academic butt :)

RageyOne said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a great trip.

Anonymous said...

welcome back!

Weezy said...

Too funny girl, sorry we missed each other. I was in Atlantic City on Sun and Monday and Cape May on Friday. I kept wondering. Hey...is that seeking solace?

Seeking Solace said...

Weezy: Ha! Too Funny!!! We were in Cape May from Sunday through Friday!!!

I am so bummed!!! I told my husband about you. We could have had some fun! BTW: Husband was reading JB on the beach!

Subscribe