The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Random Bullets of Crapola

Posted by Seeking Solace |

  • I am such an idiot. I dragged myself out of bed because I had an 8:30 AM appointment with the eye doctor. When I got to the office, the receptionist informed my appointment was for July 10th not May 10th. Somehow, I marked the wrong date on my calendar.
  • I am sad that Lakeisha was voted off AI last night. I was sure that Blake would go. I still think Melinda and Jordan will be the final two. I am rooting for Jordan. I love her voice and she is just so cute. Plus, I have to represent and recognize my fellow biracial girl!
  • Husband and I did a little appliance shopping last night. We bought a new blender. It's very old school with just the blend and pulse switches. I have a food processor for the other functions. Of course we had to stop at the liquor store to pick up margarita fixings!!! We also bought a rice cooker.
  • One of the nice things about my Summer of Seeking Solace is that Husband and I go out for a nice lunch once a week. When I was teaching, my job was in the City, whereas Husband's job is in the suburb where we live, so we could never meet up for a lunch. Even when I was practicing law, my office was one suburb over from his job. So if we wanted to do lunch, it was usually Subway sandwiches at my office. Yesterday, we had a lovely Thai lunch with plenty of leftovers for today! Yummy!!!
  • The Boy had a very scary experience yesterday. Those of you who have dogs know that anything that hits the floor is the property of the dog. Three is no such thing as a "three second rule." The Boy snatched up something that was on the floor. Suddenly, he started licking his jowls and violently wiping his face. I thought he was choking on something. He finally coughed up the undesired item into Husband's palm. The Boy had chomped on an ant! It must have been crawling around in his mouth, thus explaining the violent reaction. Now that I think about it, if the Boy could talk, he may have been saying "Get it out!"
  • I am going to tape my favorite Thursday shows. It's a hockey night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually like blake but I'm for jordin, too. she's freaking adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's not fun, getting up a month early for your appt. ;-) At least you didn't mark it a month late.

Did you at least ask to schedule it later in the day? Maybe you still could?

Karen said...

I'm coming over for Margaritas!! I'll bring the limes! :-P

I love my rice cooker, it makes cooking rice SO simple!

Abbey said...

I finally bought the stick blender (can mix within a glass or pot or whatever)that I complained about some time ago. I, of course, had to make a frozen drink the day I brought it home too.

Cheers to your frozen margaritas!

Subscribe