The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Before You Go...

Posted by Seeking Solace |

It took some time to get Husband out the door and on his way to his camping-fishing trip. It's amazing how much stuff one needs to take with them. Also, Husband has to conduct his "neurosis check", despite the fact that I am in the house. He checks everything...stove, back door, hot water tank...everything. Finally, he was ready to leave...

Me: Have a great time and I love you.
Him: Love you too. Don't forget to lock the doors. And if you go out with GML, make sure you buckle up.

What? No have a great time? Remember to buckle my seat belt? Like I go around not wearing my seat belt? Like GML is such a bad driver that I should worry about my safety? (BTW, she is a very safe driver). Yes, I would have left the doors wide open had he not reminded me.

I immediately busted him for the comment. Of course, I know Husband wants me to have a good time. I know that he knows that I don't do anything as stupid as to not wear my seat belt. I also know that he knows that there is nothing wrong with GML"s driving skill or that of any of my other friends. I know that he knows that I make sure that the doors are locked before going to bed.

But sometimes it just irritates the hell out of me. I know it's the OCD that has been passed down to him from his father. And, I know that he does it because he loves me so much. And it could be worse. He could be one of those guys who couldn't care less about my well-being. I know all of this.

I did not go out with GML last night because she was not feeling well. But, I did check the doors three times last night before going to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had read this when you first wrote this and meant to comment then, but was under time constraint - I find it highly ironic considering one of husband's best friends is the king of - errrr - creative driving.....

Seeking Solace said...

Yeah.. I still remember. "You don't mind driving a little fast, do you?"

Subscribe