The Waiting Room

This could take a while...

Monday, April 23, 2007

Persona Non Gratis

Posted by Seeking Solace |

This was in the bundle of mail that I received today. It was dated April 16th, the day I left for vacation.

Dear Ms. Seeking Solace

Thank you for your interest in the position of adjunct paralegal instruction. While we were impressed with your credentials, we choose an applicant that better suited our needs.

Thank you for your interest in our program

Sincerely,
Your Former College Employer

The bastards would not even give me an interview! I would be curious to know exactly how well qualified the person they hired was. Also, what kind of needs were necessary for this job? Why would you not interview someone who has the lawyer and teaching experience, taught at that institution AND had a stellar record at that institution?

Answer: Because it's easier to be politically correct than to have the integrity to make a reasonable decision on your own. There is no doubt in my mind that that the Bitch had something to do with the decision not to even interview me. I can only imagine what she said to this person. What is even more disconcerting is that despite great recommendations from colleagues and even a former student of mine who knew the director personally, the director lacked the scrotal circumference to make the right decision.

I knew that the chances of getting this job were slim. But I hoped that since the position was at a different campus, maybe I would have a shot. You can't blame me for trying. Truth be told, I had a feeling that I would not get the job. Maybe it is for the best. I still have some outstanding resumes out there. Also, the LL.M application is under committee review, so I should have an answer soon. So, that is something to look forward to...right?

But, I am still pissed.

8 comments:

RageyOne said...

:( So sorry. This just means there is something better for you out there! Have faith! I wish you all the best with your other apps and the LL.M. application.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. This really sucks. I have not been able to get up the energy to apply for anything lately - it's so disheartening.

Prisca said...

I'm so sorry. I'm hoping it's a sign of better things to come-- at least at better places. ;)

Arbitrista said...

That stinks. Phooey.

BrightStar (B*) said...

Rejection ALWAYS sucks, no matter what, particularly when you appeared to be a good fit for the position or if it was something you really wanted. I hope you can get the strength to put yourself back out there again.

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

yuck!! I'm sorry.

You should probably read, "better suit our needs" as, "has proven to us that they won't be spineless and we can easily push this person around, plus, no pesky JD means we don't have to bother feeling inferior".

comebacknikki said...

I'm so sorry.
{{{SS}}}
It really sucks out there.

Anonymous said...

seriously, what bastards. so sorry for you...

Subscribe